- (256) 414269461
Tanzania Coalition for Sustainale Development (TCSD) is a network of more than 34 civil society / non governmental organizations (SOs/ NGOs) that aim to facilitate communities in Tanzania to achieve improved life through sustainable use of resources. This include lobbying and advocacy activities to monitor the implementations of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) with particular focus to three out of eight MDGs and the Johannesburg plan of Implementations (JPoI) as agreed in the World Summit for Sustainable Development (WSSD) in 2002.
TCSD is the second phase of the RIO +10 Civil Society Project for the preparation of the WSSD, and is a partner to the Global Sustainability Watch projects implemented in 15 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
TCSD was officially registered on 29th November 2005 under the Companies Ordinances (Cap 212) with certificate of incorporation No. 54683 as Company Limited by Guarantee and not having a share capital.
The TCSD Vision is a community where poverty is absolute reduced with environmental sustainability and improved social justice.
The Mission of TCSD is to promote sustainable development through follow up of the Johannesburg Plan of Implementation agreed during WSSD and other related global agreements.
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF TCSD:
To enhance CSOs / NGOs and general public participation in wealth creation at different levels by employing alternative activities that have minimum impact to the environment in order to achieve sustainable development.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF TCSD:
• To link different civil society (CSO) / (NGOs) groups and CSO groups with other stake holders at different levels so as to have common voice to combats poverty and reduce environments degradations through good governance
• To engage CSOs / NGOs in the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) through advocacy and capacity building for sustainable development.
• To conduct research, analysis and reviews of the implementation and inter-linkages of the three MDGs (7,1 and 8)
• To follow up and remind different stakeholders their roles to live to the commitment of the Johannesburg Plan of Implementation
• To generate, share and make accessible information on MDGs and related issues among CSOs and other stakeholders.
• To organize and support conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Meetings, and such other gatherings with the view to promote socio - economic and development objects of the society
WORKING STRATEGY of TCSD:
TCSD strategy is to strengthen civil society groups in promoting stakeholders accountability through activities that focus mostly on key areas with direct bearing on poverty reduction in relation to environmental sustainability and good governance. Read More about TCSD - Download